Who are we?
We are Ricoh Switzerland Ltd. Our contact and other details are set out at the end of this policy.
Whose personal data do we process?
- You are a customer or a supplier of ours.
- You use our products or services.
- You work for a customer or a supplier of ours, or for someone who uses our products or services.
- You are someone (or you work for someone) to whom we want to advertise or market our goods or services. In this case, we may have obtained your details direct from you (for example, via our website or at a trade show or exhibition) or from another source.
What personal data do we process?
We may process personal data relating to you that we have either obtained from you, or obtained from somewhere else. The personal data relating to you that we process may include the information set out below.
Your personal details
- Your name.
- Who you work for, and your job function or department
- Your address, phone number, email address or other contact details (these details may relate to your work or to you personally, depending on the nature of our relationship with you or the person that you work for).
Information we obtain from communications with us
- Information about you that you give us by communicating with us by phone, by e-mail, via our website, via social media or otherwise.
- Information you give us or that we obtain when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to our goods or services, supply us with goods or services, enquire about a product, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or contact us to report a problem, or do any of these things on behalf of the person that you work for.
Information relating to our dealings with you or the person you work for
- Information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for (for example, details of goods or services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
- Other information relating to you which it is necessary for us to process in order to enter into or perform a contract with you or the person that you work for (for example, right to work information and information obtained from credit references agencies where this is necessary to enable us to carry out appropriate checks in relation to contracts with you or someone else that you work for or are otherwise related to).
- Information about events to which you or those related to you are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
- Information relating to you that you give us or we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting us, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
- All other information, such as documents relating to you, powers of attorney, extracts from state registers, any information from legal proceedings, witness statements or publications in which you are mentioned.
What personal data do we process when you use our website?
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
What do we do with your personal data?
- To communicate with you.
- To enter into, and to perform, contracts with you or the person that you work for.
- provide goods and services to customers or other users of those goods and services;
- obtain goods and services from suppliers;
- manage and administer our relationships with customers, suppliers or other users of our goods and services;
where you or the person that you work for may be the relevant customer, user or supplier of goods or services for these purposes.
- To advertise and market, and provide information about, our goods and services. This may be via direct marketing communications (such as emails) or telephone calls. This may included making suggestions and recommendations about goods or services that may interest you or the person that you work for, and it will be subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
- To administer our website under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To keep our website and other systems safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising.
What else do we obtain personal data for?
Furthermore, personal data may be processed namely for compliance, anti-fraud, legal proceedings, general business management and risk management, corporate transactions, market analysis, training and education or to maintain general security (e.g. access control).
Who do we disclose your personal data to?
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Appropriate third parties including:
- our business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into or other dealings we have in the normal course of business with you or the person that you work for;
- our auditors, legal advisors and other professional advisors or service providers;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is in the context of us entering into a contract with you or the person that you work for.
- In relation to information obtained via our website:
- our advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- analytics and search engine providers (including A/B testing tools) that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
Other disclosures we may make
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ricoh, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we process personal data?
How long do we process personal data for?
We process personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, after which it will be deleted or archived except to the extent that it is necessary for us to continue to process it for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
Transmission to individual third parties
Presence in social networks (social media)
- Facebook Pages: Profiles within the social network Facebook -We, together with Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, are responsible for the collection (but not the further processing) of data from visitors to our Facebook page (known as a "Fan Page"). This data includes information about the types of content users view or interact with, or the actions they take (see under "Things you and others do and provide" in the Facebook Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy).
What are your rights?
- You may request access to the personal data concerned (please see the section on obtaining access to your personal data, below).
- You may request that incorrect personal data that we are processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (normally where the personal data has been provided by you and it is no longer necessary for us to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- You can request that no automated decision-making, including profiling, takes place that has legal or similar significant effects on you.
How to exercise your right of access to your personal data
- By emailing us at email@example.com
- By writing to us at the address below.
Our details – contacting us
Supervisory authority for Data Protection
The Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) is the supervisory authority in Switzerland and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.