Workers now look for ‘perfect match’ with employers based on values
London/Wallisellen, 24 May 2019 – Today’s workforce is more united than ever in its demand for a seismic change in the way we all conduct business in the future. It’s no longer enough to measure just financial success, with employees from across the generations* calling on businesses to be a force for good and drive positive change in the world.
New research commissioned by Ricoh Europe1 reveal that:
- 64% of workers agree sustainability needs to be at the centre of business and product strategies in the next five to ten years
- An average of 65% across all generations believe in their company’s values and ideals
- Employees are personally invested in their workplaces, with an average of 59% across all generations viewing their work as a key factor in defining who they are as a person
- An average of 63% across all generations think the way the world does business will change dramatically in the next five to ten years
*For reference, generations were defined by year of birth as below:
- Baby Boomers: 1946 – 1964
- Generation X: 1965 – 1980
- Generation Y: 1981 – 1995
- Generation Z: 1996 – Today
1Research stats are based on a survey of 4580 office-based employees across 24 EMEA countries conducted by Coleman Parkes and commissioned by Ricoh Europe.
Ricoh is a leading provider of integrated digital services and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation of workplaces, workspaces and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh’s global operation reaches customers in approximately 200 countries and regions, supported by cultivated knowledge, technologies, and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history. In the financial year ended March 2023, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,134 billion yen (approx. 16.0 billion USD).
It is Ricoh’s mission and vision to empower individuals to find Fulfillment through Work by understanding and transforming how people work so we can unleash their potential and creativity to realize a sustainable future.
For further press information, please contact: Ricoh Switzerland Ltd.
Regional Communications Manager
Phone: +41 44 832 31 89
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ricohschweiz
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ricoh-schweiz-ag
Follow us on X: https://x.com/ricohschweiz