EDP Award endorses Ricoh Pro C5300s Series Sheetfed Colour Press
The EDP Awards honour the best developments in print production tools, software developments, substrates, inks, materials and finishing systems. The association focuses on ways to assist technology-appliers in their task to find the right solution for their applications.
Building on the success of its predecessor, the Ricoh Pro C5200s, the Pro C5300s has been developed to enable Print Service Providers (PSPs) to tap into greater production flexibility, higher print quality and a broader service offering. It is suited to small to medium size PSPs, print on demand environments and Corporate Reprographics Departments (CRDs).
- High image quality with Ricoh 2400 x 4800dpi VCSEL technology and new gloss control to address different image output demands.
- High productivity with a speed of up to 80ppm and an increased monthly duty cycle of 450,000.
- Substrate flexibility with a Vacuum feed Large Capacity Tray.
- Broad media handling of substrates up to 360gsm, non-carbon paper, textured media and envelopes.
- A wider variety of post press capabilities enabling responsive service delivery supported by peripherals, including an enhanced booklet finisher capable of 30-sheet booklet production at 80gsm.
- Versatile end to end production is further aided by its high capacity stacker and efficient fore-edge trimmer.
The Pro C5300s incorporates a 10-inch touch screen colour panel for fast and easy set-up. Up time is maximised with simple to change operator replaceable units (ORUs).
Eef de Ridder, Vice President, Commercial and Industrial Printing Group, Ricoh Europe, says: “In these difficult times PSPs are under great pressure to increase their flexibility and creativity. The Pro C5300s is all about highly responsive production for small to medium volumes. We are delighted that the EDP Award recognises this evolution of Ricoh’s tried and tested technology and how it can help operations adapt to the challenges they are facing.”